Ozzily Yours

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"They Were Cute Little Buggers."

Apparently my stepsister was recently telling my dad the story of how she was approached by Westie breeders with offers to use her dog, Wilson, as a stud. (Which, by the way, is amazing in itself - dog breeders just roam the streets of New York City looking for potential man-whore Westies???) And my dad busted out with, "Well, back when we were breeding Bitsy...."

It seems that my childhood dog, Bits the dalmatian, was transported from Chicago to North Carolina for the express purpose of doggy sex with a suitably well-bloodlined stud, and then brought back home where, several months later, tiny new dalmatians came into our lives. When questioned further, all Dad had to say about this stage was, "They just kept coming. And soon they were too big for the kitchen, so we moved them to the dining room... and then I had to build a pen in the yard for them. We sold a few, and gave most of them away. They were cute little buggers."

Is it strange that I have no memory of my dog being pregnant, giving birth, and nursing puppies for weeks thereafter? - and that my father, apparently, has been keeping this information to himself for the better part of three decades?

2 Comments:

  • Hey, at least you didn't have rabbits. When I was little I accidentally bred my two rabbits (we thought the male was too young to breed, and boy were we wrong!), only to find that even after we snipped the dad, the mom continued to get pregnant (apparently they can carry two different pregnancies at once). Then the babies went on to impregnate mom, etc...it was like having Tribbles at our house.

    They were cute little buggers, too, though, if you didn't mind all the bunny sex.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2006 5:44 PM  

  • Amy is still upset that I ranked a time (when I was probably 5 years old or so) when we had 6 great dane puppies and they were crawling all over me (there is a photo somewhere) as the happiest moment I could remember. Seems she wanted out wedding to hold that spot. :)

    Of course, the puppy moment was superceded by the Cuddlebug. :)

    Hmmm, I guess that bumps the wedding to third place, still not good for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2006 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home