Ozzily Yours

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date

For three seasons of "Chuck," I have been laboring under the delusion that Captain Awesome was played by Owen, the titular boy (who, for the record, was not actually killed). The moment he first walked onscreen, I realized I was wrong, that my superpower of identifying "that guy" actors had failed me. I honestly don't know what to do with this revelation. I'm so disappointed in myself.

And now I've gone to imdb and discovered that "Chuck" has, in reality, been on for four seasons. Seriously, what the hell has become of my pop culture savant tendencies??? I blame my spawn. (For that and for the fact that I can now quote extensively from both "Yo Gabba Gabba" and Cars.) Sigh. Of course, "Chuck" premiered before Calvin's birth. Sigh, again.

Despite the fact that this totally tainted my viewing of this episode, I still found it really sweet. This must be why I was willing to stick with the show after the crap that was "Teacher's Pet." It got back to its roots - a teenage girl with tremendous responsibilities who is trying, against all odds, to just be a teenage girl. It allows SMG to do that strong-yet-vulnerable thing that I was waxing rhapsodic about after my viewing of the first two episodes.

Also, back to vampires instead of mid-life crisis Wiccans and mantis puppets. Vampires are way better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home