Ozzily Yours

Monday, August 18, 2008

Conversations with Boys

Just spent a delightful 4 days in Wisconsin with (almost) the whole family, including all four nephews. Some conversational highlights include:

The husband comes outside with a cookie in hand.
3-year-old C:
Hey, can I have some of that?
The husband: Sure, you can have a little piece.
C: What is it, though?
H: ...a cookie. You didn't know what it was when you asked for it?
C: [no answer, just wanders away chewing thoughtfully]

H to 5-year-old D: So what do you like best about being here?
D: I like you. Also, I like him [pointing to his grandfather], her [to his aunt]... wait... [counting everyone in the room] I like seven people!

Me to C: Hey, C, how's your morning going?
C: I'm not C! I'm THE FWASH!
Me: OK, then. [20 minutes later] Hey, Flash, what are you doing?
C: I'm not Fwash! I'm Supaboy!

D to his father, I: Can I be excused to go to the playground?
I: Tell you what - stay here long enough to order your own ice cream cone, and then you can take it out to the playground.
D: But I wanna go out NOW!
I: I know, but you have to carry your own dessert outside, that's all.
D: But I wanna go to the playground!
I: And you will, I just want you to order your ice cream first.
D: No, but I want the PLAYGROUND!
I: ...Um, okay. I'm offering you ice cream AND the playground, though.
D: I WANT TO GO TO THE PLAYGROUND. And I'm ONLY having ice cream if you MAKE ME STAY INSIDE.
I: All right, then. Don't have any ice cream, feel free to go outside.
D: Thank you.
I to me: ...That didn't make any sense, right?

The logic of boys is curious indeed. Still, though, they make for better conversation partners than their 13-month-old cousins, whose vocabularies pretty much consist of "Duck," "Ma," and "bllrghsagrblblbl."

1 Comments:

  • LOL! Three year old girls make about as much sense. :)

    (In grocery store)

    Me - Okay, we need a green pepper.

    CB - Green pepper? I like green pepper, it's my favorite.

    Me - Really? When we make dinner you can have some.

    CB - Yay!

    .....dinner time....

    Me - Okay, I need to cut the green pepper...

    CB - I don't like green pepper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/19/2008 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home