Ozzily Yours

Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's So Shiny!

I've never been a gadget girl. In fact, the husband often accuses me of being something of a luddite. Others accuse me of having married the husband in order to ensure that I would always have someone around capable of hooking up the DVD player (to whom I reply that is just an added bonus, thank you very much!). The only new toy that appeared within the last decade or so that really intrigued me was TiVo... and even that didn't enter my life until the husband bought it for me as a birthday gift a few years back, presenting it with the exclamation, "You can store all the Degrassi you want!!!" (It was great.)

So can someone explain to me why, as soon as I saw the husband's RAZR, I simply had to have one? I mean, up until now, I've owned exactly two cell phones in seven years - the first was selected because it was among the cheapest options Sprint offered; the second was selected four years later considering similar criteria, only after I dropped its predecessor one too many times and was, alas, unable to Krazy Glue it back together again (it was tragic in its Humpty-Dumptyness). I've never felt the need to partake in any activities with my phone other than... well, phone calls.

And yet, when the husband was given this new phone for work purposes, I just couldn't stop playing with it! It's so pretty! So little! So multi-tasking! Anyway, after a particularly crabby morning today, I finally bit the bullet and made my way over to Verizon during lunch. And I've been taking photos and texting all afternoon. And it's so shiny!!!

5 Comments:

  • It's the crack cocaine in the cases. As you handle the phone it is absorbed into the skin and you are hooked. This is why I handle Amy's as little as possible, and only when wearing gloves.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2006 4:58 PM  

  • The question then becomes, will we be seeing any of these photos from your RAZR?

    By Blogger Maren, at 7/15/2006 9:46 AM  

  • congrats on your new baby. i am a RAZR fan too--i can fit it in my back pocket. :) but then again, i'm a sucker for all things small... baby carrots, clementines, happy meals...

    By Blogger Mrs. J, at 7/19/2006 7:57 AM  

  • And it's true, she's been texting and sending photos like a fiend. I'm so proud.

    ...happy meals?

    By Blogger blerg3000, at 7/21/2006 10:07 AM  

  • Maren, the photos I took the day that I wrote that post are, to say the least, not display-worthy (unless you think a picture of my office bulletin board is all that). I do need to find time to post some of the photos of the cat I took after that, though, so that's something to look forward to, I guess. (I tried taking pictures of Ira Glass and Peter Sagal Saturday night, but they didn't really come out, sadly.)

    Marc, don't mock Cheryl's love of happy meals, it's not nice. Anyway, they obviously fit her criterion of "all things small" - hell, you get a tiny hamburger AND a tiny toy!

    By Blogger mcm, at 7/24/2006 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home