Ozzily Yours

Friday, September 01, 2006

Don't Bogart My Name

You know, when I was growing up in the '70s and '80s, there were no other Michaelas (except Michaela Balfe, but that's another story entirely). It was just a crazy-ass name in that era, prompting most people to assume that my parents had longed for a boy to be named Michael, and just panicked when I popped out. The name is much more common now, of course, but the spellings are all over the map - McKayla, Mikala, Mykaela, etc. So, frankly, I still feel a little possessive about "Michaela" and I really sort of consider it my own and nobody else's. And, as a result, I actually felt a little shocked when I saw this site, via Mimi Smartypants... and now, having perused it, I am deeply, deeply traumatized....

2 Comments:

  • "I am deeply, deeply traumatized"

    Maybe you should contact her to build your self-esteem back up. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2006 4:15 PM  

  • The thing that disturbs me the most about that site is that they sell purity rings. It sounds (and looks) like a D&D artifact, as if the ring endows its wearer with an aura of virginity, useful for fighting succubi or incubi.

    By Blogger Maren, at 9/02/2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home