Ozzily Yours

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Scenes from the Neighborhood Bistro

So the husband and I were at a neighborhood bistro for dinner last night, when the following incident actually occurred:

[Older man, maybe in his 60s, makes his way past our table towards the bathroom.]

The husband: Damn, that guy looks a lot like Neil Young.
Me: Uh-huh.

[Wanting to get back to very important discussion which probably centered around the Real World/Road Rules Challenge, or some such thing; said discussion does in fact resume until older man, returning from bathroom, walks past our table again.]

TH: Seriously, it's totally Neil Young.
Me: Dude, I didn't even look at him, I don't know if he looked like Neil Young or not.
TH: No, I mean... I think it's really Neil Young.

[Waiter arrives bearing beer - mmm, beer.]

TH: So, um, is that Neil Young, or just some guy who looks freakishly like him?

[Except that everything after "or" doesn't actually get said, as Waiter immediately responds.]

W: Yeah, they opened up the back room for him. Apparently he really likes it here, eats here a lot. It's pretty cool.

[The husband and I quietly drink our beer, contemplating the fact that our restaurant choice has been validated by an American rock and folk icon. I am pleased to report, however, that the next time he came through the room, to talk to the bartender, I finally looked at him myself. And, hey - Neil Young!]

4 Comments:

  • Cool! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 7:21 PM  

  • Totally cool... it's your brush with shmarminess. Did you know Neil Young was born in Canada?

    By Blogger FreddieGirl, at 9/07/2006 7:16 PM  

  • Ha! Now that I think about it, I did know he was Canadian... but clearly it didn't cross my mind while I was declaring him an American icon - oops!...

    By Blogger mcm, at 9/08/2006 9:16 AM  

  • All true, and it was... oddly neat.

    Why can't one be both born in Canada and an American icon? What about, say, the original cast of Saturday Night Live (for just one example)?

    By Blogger blerg3000, at 9/08/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home