Ozzily Yours

Monday, April 16, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

Excerpt from a telephone conversation I had last night with my almost-4-year-old nephew:

mcm: So I heard you had some ice cream cake today
Almost-4-year-old: Yeah!
mcm: Was it good?
A4yo: Yeah!
mcm: What flavor was it?
A4yo: Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry!*
mcm: Wow, that sounds really good. So what else did you do today?
A4yo: Strawberry!
mcm: ...
mcm: You did strawberry? That doesn't make any sense. What did you do today?
A4yo: Strawberry!

Clearly, he knows what he wants to talk about, and my questions have nothing to do with it.

*Teaching him the word neopolitan should be high on all our lists of things to do....

2 Comments:

  • I laughed when I read that. :)

    Maybe he really did "strawberry". Strewing things is a very popular acivity for a 4yo, and he may have even strewn fruit. :)

    "But most linguists think that the name derived from the 18th century Anglo-Saxon word Streabergen, a compound word combining the verb strew, which means "to spread" - as the strawberry plant's runners do - with the word for fruit."
    http://darwin.nmsu.edu/~molbio/plant/strawberry.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/16/2007 10:36 AM  

  • I'm still waiting to post something about my sons throwing up, just so I can use the subject "Out Of The Mouths Of Babes."

    By Blogger I., at 4/17/2007 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home