Ozzily Yours

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Keeping the Husband Occupied

Given that he's got another week before he starts school, and that he is obsessed with all things meme, I figure I'll post another one just to entertain him (ok, ok, and to entertain myself!)....

FIVE THINGS

In my refrigerator:
1. Beer. Always beer.
2. Light cream cheese that I bought in a panic one time when Trader Joe's was out of regular cream cheese, which does not taste nearly as good as regular cream cheese but which, DAMN IT, I am GOING TO FINISH before buying more cream cheese... even though it doesn't taste very good, thereby ensuring that I eat it very, very rarely.
3. Left-over red beans and rice from dinner last night.
4. A somewhat questionable lemon half... not sure how long it's been in there.
5. Smoked salmon pate from Trader Joe's (yes, I do love me some Trader Joe's).

In my closet:
1. Most of my jewelry, except that which I am wearing right now.
2. Two laundry baskets - one for gentles, one for regular.
3. The husband's impeccably folded t-shirts.
4. My significantly-more-sloppily-folded t-shirts.
5. Possibly the cat, who is forever trying to get into the closet, despite my exhortations that he should be out and proud.

In my purse:
1. Burt's Bees lip shimmer - the most awesome colored lip balm there is.
2. My iPod.
3. Love, by Toni Morrison (always travel with a book... and always carry a purse big enough to hold a book in it).
4. Altoids.
5. My 30-day CTA pass (commuting by train being one of the many reasons for the rule cited in #3).

In my car (see commuting by train note above, and also note that it's not even, technically, my car, although the husband isn't overly possessive about it or anything... but either way, I don't know much about what's in the car, though I'll give it a whirl):
1. One of those shiny windshield cover things that keeps the car from getting hot, although we never actually put it up, and then every time we get in the car and it's all hot, we're all, damn, that windshield cover thing would have come in handy today.
2. The parking pass for the gym, which gets used maybe once a week if we're being particularly productive.
3. At least 50 sets of directions from mapquest, google maps, or yahoo! maps.
4. Probably infinitesimal shards of glass from the chip in the windshield that we first noticed several months ago.
5. Quarters.

3 Comments:

  • Something about driving to the gym seems very counter-intuitive...

    By Blogger Adam807, at 9/13/2006 9:44 AM  

  • Indeed. And yet, whenever I walk, I find I don't actually go fast enough to get my heart rate up, which means I just end up jumping on the elliptical for 15 minutes anyway, and then I walk REALLY SLOWLY on the way home after working out. So there you go.

    By Blogger mcm, at 9/14/2006 3:02 PM  

  • In my refrigerator:
    6 different types of Sam Adams Beer
    2 different types of milk
    3 different types of canned pilsbury bread items
    2 different brands of eggs
    4 different salad dressings

    In my closet:
    It is my wife's closet, I am just allowed to use some of the space. :)

    In my purse:
    Ummmm.....

    In my car:
    car seat
    diaper bag
    towel
    doll
    led flashlight that you shake to charge

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2006 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home