Ozzily Yours

Monday, July 23, 2007

On Little People

This morning I saw a medical transport vehicle (not a full-on ambulance, just a converted van) with the words "Wee Care" on the side. And I gave myself the giggles wondering if it provided medical care only for dwarfs.

And from there I went back to wondering about what I began wondering about upon seeing the preview for Fred Claus last weekend: given that dwarfs represent an ever-decreasing percentage of the U.S. population*, do films like Fred Claus have difficulty finding extras? or do they just rely on CGI little people? Seriously, this is of interest to me.

And then, on the subject of dwarfs in film, my mind naturally turned to Peter Dinklage, and how awesome he is, and how pissed off I am that it seems like right now nobody in the entertainment industry can figure out what to do with him, except the producers of Threshold, but then Threshold got canceled, and now, as a result, he's reduced to doing Underdog, which is just appalling!

These are the things that occupy me on my way to work.

*OK, I can't find any confirmation on this, but I know I read it somewhere

2 Comments:

  • "given that dwarfs represent an ever-decreasing percentage of the U.S. population"

    I don't think I have heard that one before, if you ever find the source you need to post it. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/24/2007 6:24 AM  

  • Peter Dinklage is awesome. I thought he did a great job in Nip/Tuck last season. I blame the writers for the fact that his character wasn't as believeable to the audience. But seriously, short or tall, why wouldn't you think Joely Richardson is someone worth getting to know?!

    By Blogger Mrs. J, at 7/26/2007 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home