Ozzily Yours

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Oh, the power...

The husband and I drive a 2000 Honda Civic named Fray. She is a good, sturdy little car, gets excellent mileage, and meets every need we urbanites have. I do not at all feel the need to trade her in for something bigger, and will certainly admit to feeling a condescending smugness when I see people tooling around in their SUVs, Jeeps, and Hummers.

And yet.

Because Fray is a shared vehicle, when I found myself needing to run an errand for work last week, of course the husband had her at school. So I ended up taking out the shop truck.

The big ol' Chevrolet open-back pick-up truck.

And I must say, there is definitely a certain excitement that comes from gazing down upon everyone else as you cruise down Milwaukee Avenue in your GIANT TRUCK. A little Freudian? Probably. Exciting nonetheless? Definitely.

1 Comments:

  • Until you try and squeeze into that small parking spot and realize that you kind of enjoy "zippy" to "lumbering"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2007 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home