Ozzily Yours

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fast Food Downfall!

1. As a general rule, I am not a fan or a regular consumer of fast food. It's something I eat in rare circumstances when convenience legitimately renders it the most practical choice, but I believe my friend Doug put it best when he referred to a quick stop (while trying to get to our destination, a ski resort, ASAP) as "dinner of shame."

2. As a general rule, if I have to eat fast food, I prefer Wendy's. For some reason, it just seems a little fresher and tastier.

3. The exception to these "general rules"? McDonald's breakfast. For reasons I cannot fathom or explain, I am a SUCKER for a sausage biscuit and a hash brown stick. It's one of the only good things about flying out of O'Hare early in the morning - I have an excuse to eat McDonald's breakfast. However, that probably happens only 2-3 times per year, if that.



Items 2 and 3 seem to be forming something of a perfect storm in my life: the Wendy's that I walk past every day on my way to work recently became one of the locations testing the breakfast menu. I have, thus far, resisted the temptation to actually try a frescuit... but I fear this could be my fast food downfall.

4 Comments:

  • I think McDonald's has Wendy's beat on the breakfast foods, probably the trans-fatty goodness. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/24/2007 7:24 PM  

  • i walk by the wendy's on division, and today they were OUT IN THE STREET waiving signs at me...as if it hasn't been hard enough to ignore so far.

    i think i'm gonna cave soon.

    By Blogger DShan, at 7/31/2007 7:51 PM  

  • Ah, the Wendy's on Division is the one I walk by, too! However, I have just started a new job whose commute doesn't necessitate the blue line, so I'm not over there nearly so often... hopefully I'll be able to resist!

    By Blogger mcm, at 8/01/2007 8:22 AM  

  • Wait until you get the coupons in the mail for some free items. They try to get you just like the drug dealers do. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/02/2007 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home