Ozzily Yours

Friday, November 09, 2007

Hostile Seven What Now?

I wore my Hostile 17 shirt to work today. 2 or 3 people complimented me on it, and I was pleased to be surrounded by fellow dorks. However, when someone else asked me what it meant, it turned out that the 2 or 3 people who had complimented it had no idea it was an allusion to anything, they just thought it was a cool shirt. And I don't know if that's more or less weird than my previous assumption that that many people were into Buffy.

Anyway, my response was to seek out solace from the coworker who uses "frakking " quite regularly, because I knew he'd understand.

3 Comments:

  • I don't get it. And you know how I love the Buffy.

    But more importantly, does this mean you guys are FINALLY watching Battlestar Galactica?

    By Blogger Adam807, at 11/09/2007 9:14 PM  

  • oh, ok, i googled it. that's a REALLY obscure reference, dude.

    what does the shirt look like?

    By Blogger Adam807, at 11/09/2007 9:16 PM  

  • That's kind of my point - it's just a black t-shirt with Hostile 17 in red lettering. Nothing special. Which is why it may be even weirder that people just arbitrarily liked the shirt than it would have been if that many of my coworkers had gotten the obscure reference....

    By Blogger mcm, at 11/11/2007 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home