Ozzily Yours

Monday, November 05, 2007

Things I Learn

There is busy work to be done. For reasons far too boring to go into, I have about three weeks to make sure thousands of stickers are affixed to thousands of postcards. While some of this can and will be done by our fabulous intern, I had the revelation recently that, sadly, her two days a week will not be enough time to complete the busy work that must be done.

With that in mind, and knowing that the husband would be out tonight, I brought a stack of the busy work home tonight, figuring I could throw in a couple of DVDs I know fairly well to keep me entertained, but not distracted, while accomplishing the task at hand. And as a result, this is what I have learned about myself:

  • I am incapable of taking Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle out of the DVD player without watching the deleted scene featuring a dancing Eddie Kaye Thomas and David Krumholtz
  • I am insanely curious about whether NPH's real-life coming-out will be a plot device in Harold and Kumar 2
  • I must focus all my attention on the screen during the scene in Can't Hardly Wait in which Charlie Korsmo sings Paradise City
  • I continue to believe that the relationship between Denise and Kenny is FAR more interesting, relevant, and believable than the one between Preston and Amanda (although Ethan Embry is adorable)
  • I'm a little shocked and embarrassed that this is the first time I noticed that the guy who played Owen in "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date" is one of the guys who hits on Jennifer Love Hewitt after her confrontation with Peter Facinelli
  • Whenever I see Peter Facinelli in anything, I find myself wondering if he and Jennie Garth are still married (it would appear they are, in case you wonder as well)
  • I get defensive about the cat being angry at me because there is no room in my lap for him to cuddle in, and end up talking to him about it; he does not seem to care for my explanations
  • It takes me three hours and two glasses of wine to stick 800 stickers to 800 postcards... I guess I'm glad we have a fairly sizeable DVD library (it's going to be a long few weeks)
I have other things to say... just not finding the time to say them. Will work on getting better about it.

3 Comments:

  • I guess the bright side is you have an excuse to sit on the couch and watch movies.

    Wait, who am I kidding, you never need an excuse to do that. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/06/2007 5:57 AM  

  • The guy who played Owen has been getting a lot of work lately (or at least, has been showing up a lot on things I watch...maybe he's been working all along and I just didn't know it), and every time I see him I still think, "Hey, it's Owen," and I still don't know the actor's name. That seems a weird reaction to someone who was in one episode (not even a very good one) of a show I watched ten years ago, doesn't it? It's not even a Buffy thing; I don't do it with.... see, I can't even think of another one-off character from later on. He's just so Oweny.

    And it makes me sad how Ethan Embry isn't even a little bit cute anymore.

    By Blogger Adam807, at 11/06/2007 8:04 AM  

  • Interestingly, Owen was also in Love Monkey, which was one of my favorite short-lived shows of late, so you'd think I'd associate him with that. And yet, no... he's still Owen.

    By Blogger mcm, at 11/11/2007 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home