Ozzily Yours

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bad Eggs

Observation the first: this is one of those times where I wonder if this is something that actually happens in normal public high schools: parenting an egg? Really? Can someone enlighten me?

Observation the second: this episode is not nearly as terrible as I anticipated. The cowboy vampires and the demon eggs - neither of them was as hokey as I feared. The cowboy vampires were actually kind of funny. Also, some great one-liners between Xander and Cordelia, and a lovely moment with Joyce at the very beginning which I had completely forgotten: "Don't you ever think about anything besides boys and clothes?" "...Saving the world from vampires?" Poor Joyce Summers really can't claim to have been THAT surprised, when it came down to it....

4 Comments:

  • I had to do that in high school...!

    My approach: I found an well-sized tupperware cup, padded it with paper towels and tissues, confirmed that the egg was indestructible within it, sealed it, threw it in my backpack for a week. It survived, was present for all spot-inspections, and I (we?) passed. Also, the egg was named Gustav.

    By Blogger blerg3000, at 8/31/2011 1:15 PM  

  • Good to know. I have to say, though, I'm not sure it's affected your parenting style - you never seal Calvin in with paper towels and tissues. Life might be easier if you did.

    By Blogger mcm, at 8/31/2011 1:32 PM  

  • Possibly because the egg assignment is transparent bullshit.

    But on the other hand, taking away furniture privileges and padding his room isn't completely off the table.

    By Blogger blerg3000, at 8/31/2011 10:28 PM  

  • I had to do that for Nancy Geyer. I only remember it because I made a little sign on the front of the pouch that read SACK O' BABY.

    By Anonymous Ian, at 9/02/2011 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home