Ozzily Yours

Monday, July 18, 2011

Prophecy Girl

So I've been finding Xander's crush on Buffy distracting and boring. And yet, now I feel bad about that, because it resolves so nicely. The scene at the beginning, after Buffy tells him she doesn't have feelings for him, and he stammers out, "Well, try. I'll wait." REALLY nicely done. Also, Willow totally comes into her own when she tells him she's not going to be his second-choice date, which is also nice to see.

There's not much else to say about this episode that hasn't been said a million times over - Master is awesome, Giles is fatherly, "nice dress," etc. But I do have to ask, is this the only time that the opening theme is used in the show (when Buffy, newly risen from the dead, is heading to the library to take out the Master)? Because it rocks, but it's also a little disconcerting. My instinct is that perhaps they assumed they wouldn't get a second season, so decided to pull out all the stops.

Aaaaaand... that's season 1 done!

2 Comments:

  • Huh. I always assumed it was because they couldn't afford another song.

    The Xander/Buffy stuff continues nicely into season 2, especially as viewed through the prism of Buffy and Willow's friendship. And it provides a high point in the otherwise pretty low "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered."

    By Blogger Adam807, at 7/18/2011 4:48 PM  

  • Oh, and "I may be dead, but I'm still pretty."

    By Blogger Adam807, at 7/18/2011 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home